Wednesday 5 August 2015

Urban Decay- Naked Smoky Palette






HIIII!!!!

It's been a while since I last updated, and so here's a special eye candy treat for those who come across this blog. I had been wanting to purchase some sort of DSLR for better quality photos for quite some time now. I originally thought it would be alright and just stick with my Samsung Note II for photos, but man...it just got frustrating because of lighting issues. If the room was just a tad dimmer, my photos would turn out all gross and blurry...and the color would be all off. For those of you who follow my instagram (Carmen_cl91), last week to my surprise, I was gifted a new Canon DSLR and boy was it ever life changing.

Anyways, here is a look I've created using the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette! The focus of this look is the cool-toned smoky eye shadow, and bold liner. I know the rule of thumb is if you wear a smoky eye, always neutralize your lips using a nude color or something very subtle. This time, I decided to play around with things and balance the bold eyes with a bold colored lip. Because the lip color is very cool, it worked well with the cool eye shadow, and gave the overall look a very fierce and mysterious vibe.

I personally own the Naked 2, and it's pretty much my go-to palette for pretty much everything from a natural look, to more dramatic. When Urban Decay announced its' release of their new smoky palette, I was more than stoked! The palette offers a diverse range of colors, and is flexible with creating very pretty and natural looks, to also very fierce and bold looks. In addition to the more earth toned colors, this palette also contains shades such as the bluish grey (Slanted), and purple (smolder). Overall, this palette is pretty much good for all skin tones. The colors are diverse and easy to blend, and the pigmentation is awesome!!! This palette is available at Sephora, and is priced at $64 Cdn. It may seem a bit pricey, but if you see all the colors it comes with (and the size!!!) it's totally worth it (plus...it comes with a brush..haha)! After owning the Naked 2 and Smoky...I'm sorta itching to add the Naked and Naked 3 palette to my collection...

Until next time! Let's keep loving others! 1 John 4:19

Love,
Carmen


No comments :

Post a Comment